Monday, March 25, 2013

KalorieBox: Round 3 and Cranberry the Polar Bear

85. Make a pie on Pi Day

This Pi Day we had a Pie Competition at work, which happened to be the perfect opportunity for me to make my Pi Day pie and not have to eat it all! I saw this bad boy on Pinterest a while ago and knew right away that this would be my Pi Day pie for my Day Zero Project. I used numeric cookie cutters to make the crust into the first several digits of pi.



I also made Apple Pie Cookies (another Pinterest find) that I had served at my Keurig House Party a while back that were a big hit.



65. Go to the zoo once a month

Sunday was supposed to be a pretty nice day so we headed to the zoo in the morning. Since it was still a bit chilly and we hadn't gone in for a few visits, we started our zoo trip at the Tropical Discovery. When we walked in I told E that the howler monkeys were certainly being noisy and he kind of just disregarded what I said until we got over to their exhibit and he realized that the loud noise we were hearing all the way at the other side of the building was actually coming from the howler monkeys. C thought it was hilarious. :) Check out the video below for a little howler monkey entertainment.



We walked all the way through the Tropical Discovery, spending more time in the tropical part checking out the brighter tanks and fish.



We also found Dory and Nemo. We left Nemo and walked over to check out the giant turtle after a minute or two, but C was apparently not done watching Nemo so he wiggled out of E's arms, grabbed my hand and walked all the way back to Nemo.



C dragged us around the Tropical Discovery a few more times before we made a quick escape out the front doors the third time around. After the Tropical Discovery we went over to the polar bears who are always asleep and completely inactive. After just a few minutes of checking out the sleeping polar bear one of the zookeepers came over with some fish that she threw in the water for Cranberry the Polar Bear. She was awake and moving in record time.

Hi, I'm Cranberry. I was born on Thanksgiving.
She debated long and hard about whether she really wanted to get in the water to play with her toy. She eventually decided to go for it and full on cannon balled into her pool (well, as much as a polar bear can cannon ball).


49. Try out KalorieBox

My March KalorieBox showed up in the mail in perfect condition containing these items:



Chocolite Chocolate Pecan Cluster



I am absolutely in love with this product! I assumed it would be another energy bar like the Cookies N Cream Chocolite bar I received in February's KalorieBox. However, these are part of their candy line and they taste PHENOMENAL. They are not too sweet, they are nice and smooth, and each piece is only 30 calories. The packaging is a bit misleading because it says right on the front that it is only 30 calories, but there are actually two servings in the package. Either way, I love the taste of this product.

Greater Than - Coconut Water Sports Drink



My box also included this coconut water sports drink made with all natural ingredients. I was really hesitant to try this one because I tried coconut water a few months ago for the first time and absolutely hated it. This wasn't as bad as the first try, but I would still have to train my taste buds to like the taste of coconut water if I really wanted to enjoy drinking this beverage. If you are looking for a natural sports drink option and do enjoy the flavor of coconut water, this may be a great choice for you.

Lesser Evil Krinkle Sticks - Cheddar



These Krinkle Sticks are a cross between the Cheese Thinables from January's box and the Pirate's Booty puffs from February's box. They are just little cracker sticks in a cheddar cheese flavor. Every once in a while I would get a super cheesy one that was a bit too cheesy for me. Overall they were pretty good though. I do highly prefer the Pirate's Booty puffs over the Lesser Evil Krinkle Sticks.

Java Raiz: Coffee Raisins




Let me start off with a disclaimer: I do not love raisins and I like my creamer with a little bit of coffee. So... coffee raisins.... Yuck. The first bite was a burst of coffee bean flavor followed quickly by raisin flavor after you actually bite into the raisin. It was terrible. I had my mom try too and she gave me the excuse that she doesn't like Kona coffee. In other words, yuck.

Pumpkin Seed Cheddar Crispbreads



These crispbreads are basically just giant crackers. They are pretty good and the ingredients are good for you. These would be great to try with different types of cheese or maybe even some different types of spread. I wasn't so wowed by them that I would go out of my way to purchase them, but they would make a great option for a healthier cracker when entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment