Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Homemade Pizza and Exploding Whales


81. Make a pizza from scratch

I have to say that I was totally excited about this one. I LOVE pizza and homemade pizza is probably a million times better for you because you control what you put on it, how much you put on it, and it's not greasy like when you order out. I mentioned to E that I wanted to grill the pizza and he gave me a look (you know, the 'why would we do that look'). I was insistent that grilled pizza would taste way different than baked pizza. So to settle our extremely short and limited dispute, we decided to make both.



I used this recipe that I found online for the dough. I knew making the dough would be the hardest part, but it really wasn't too bad. The worst part was pounding it and kneading it relentlessly until it was no longer lumpy and actually resembled a blob of dough. My hands were certainly cramped and tired afterward, but I survived and will probably continue making my own dough in the future.







As many of you probably know, E is allergic to cow's milk so we broke the dough blob into 4 rounds and each had our own grilled pizza and our own baked pizza. Mine consisted of Muir's Organic pizza sauce, pepperoni, chicken sausage, pineapple, and mozzarella, while E had the same minus the pineapple and cheese.





All four pizzas turned out perfect and even C tried it (and promptly spit it out, but that's a huge improvement for him). Grilled or Baked? Both were very good and had slightly different tastes. However, I think we both agreed that the baking brought out the flavors in the chicken sausage more than the grill so the oven won this round.
This isn't pizza, mom.....



IMDb - Then Grey


95. Watch 26 movies we've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet

The move this time around was The Grey which is the story of a bunch of guys that survive a plane crash and have to fight freezing temperatures in Alaska and a pack of wolves that is trying to pick them off one-by-one.


This movie was very dark with really no happiness. At all. I'm just not sure about this one. I think I would have liked it better if the ending would have been different. E seemed to like it though.





99. Watch 10 documentary films

The first documentary going on our list is The Whale That Exploded. This was the story of a giant sperm whale that exploded in the streets of Taiwan. A dead sperm whale washed up in an oyster farm in a bay off the coast of Taiwan and a professor was given permission to haul it off on the back of a truck and take it away to be cut apart and studied. On the way to the 'chopping grounds' while stopped at a red light the whale exploded pelting store windows and vehicles with whale blood and intestines. The force of the explosion could have been enough to seriously injure or kill a person had they been standing in the path of the debris. The documentary went through the reason that the whale exploded, the interesting location of the explosion, and the ultimate theory of the death and the events that followed. Moral of the story? Next time you find yourself standing next to a dead sperm whale, you should probably run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment