Monday, September 17, 2012

Baguettes and Ammo

50. Shoot a gun

A few weeks ago we flew out to Ohio for a wedding and to visit family. When we were in southern Ohio for the wedding we stayed with E's aunt and uncle in their beautiful house on a large plot of land in the country. Their yard backs up to a large bean field so they have endless space behind the home. They have an ATV, golf cart, and shooting target. Sunday morning after the wedding and before driving back up north to visit my family, E's uncle took us in the backyard to teach us how to shoot. E took it upon himself to totally psyche me out before we got out there and made me think I was going to get knocked on my rear end by the kick-back. However, the gun was a 9mm so (thankfully) that didn't end up happening. Out of my first nine rounds, five were in the target.


They also own a smaller handgun. I tried shooting that one but my finger wasn't strong enough to squeeze the trigger. That's embarrassing...




94. Buy flowers once a month for the house (4/33)




83. Try a new recipe every month(4/33)

I found this recipe for homemade baguettes on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. They were super easy to make (especially because I figured out that I can use my dough hooks on my hand mixer for kneading) and came out really well. I forgot to take a picture so I'm using the image from The Sisters Cafe blog, but mine were a lot thicker and shorter than theirs and still turned out great. I did end up baking it about 5 minutes longer. They were a tiny bit too salty for my taste so next time I will cut the salt amount in half. Overall, really good reviews from everyone who tried it and so easy to make that I will most definitely be using this recipe again.


95. Watch 26 movies we've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet

IMDb - The Five-Year Engagement


 E and I watched The Five-Year Engagement last night.

Fact one: this is a love story.
Fact two: the main characters are played by Jason Segel and Emily Blunt

Sold.

I really liked it, ESPECIALLY the ending. It was a little bit longer than necessary and there were some scenes I could have done without (I just don't like the graphic vulgar scenes they feel necessary to include in movies now-a-days), but it was still totally worth my time to watch it.






64. Go to the zoo once a month for a year (4/33)

The Children's Hospital was having a little scavenger hunt at the zoo on Saturday and my mother-in-law also sent us an email to get a free carousel ride for that morning so we went to the zoo and met up with my friend D and her little one D who also have a zoo pass. We cashed in on our carousel ride before meeting up with them. C rode the tiger and had a lot of fun. He waved at me every time he went around with a big smile on his face.


While we were waiting for the D's to arrive we headed to the gorillas in primate panorama since C seemed to enjoy it so much last time. A big male gorilla was sitting outside eating his lettuce when we got there and we probably spent 5 or 10 minutes just watching him eat.


After a little bit of coaxing we got C inside to see the other gorillas that were just hanging out in their exhibit laying around and eating breakfast. We spent another 10 minutes or so watching those gorillas.


After meeting up with the D's we made our way to the elephants, camels, stopped by the red panda (it was international red panda day), seals, then back to the entrance for our last animals on the scavenger hunt.


1 comment:

  1. Baguettes look yummy! I totally follow your movie recommendations. I will have to watch this one and The Lucky One :-)

    ReplyDelete