Friday, September 7, 2012

Taste of Colorado

33. Taste of Colorado

The Taste of Colorado took place in Denver this past weekend so we decided to head down on Monday morning to walk around and try out some new foods. We went last year for the first time and it was crazy busy and just way too crowded. We hoped to avoid some of that by going early this year (does it seem like I say that a lot?...). We got there right when it started and I was surprised that so many people were already there.


Our first stop was at the Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe booth where the taste of cactus caught our eyes. It was okay. It really just tasted like steamed greens. But hey, we added a new interesting food to 46. Try 10 new interesting foods.



I have been told by several people in my life that I need to try a deep fried Oreo. Well, conveniently located near the mexican cafe booth was the Colorado Buffalo Grill booth where they served fried everything including Fried Oreo Cookies.


I'm not going to lie, I prefer my Oreos not fried. They were alright, but not amazing. I think deep frying them really sucked out all the flavor from the cookies. Oh, and by the way, deep fried Oreos apparently have milk in them. E learned that the hard way and spent the next hour hiccuping and complaining because his chest hurt (but he looked SO happy eating it!).



We also stopped for some Fried Alligator (which we had last year and love) and some lunch then headed out because it was already too warm and super busy. I enjoy going to Taste of Colorado but it is unfortunate that it gets so crowded you can't move.


95. Watch 26 movies we've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet

IMDb - Battleship






E checked out Battleship from the library and he forced me to watch it. It was pretty ridiculously cheesy and predictable. I can't give it a terrible review as I've seen much worse but it really would have been much more enjoyable without the lame tag lines.








IMDb - The Lucky One






This was more like it! If you don't know The Lucky One is a Nicholas Sparks book adaptation. These movies always turn out great even though they are based on books. There were a few key points from the book that didn't make it into the movie, but it still didn't break the story for me. I am a sucker for any love story so I am automatically biased, but overall I thought the movie was great. (Plus it has Zac Efron as the main character. Need I say more?)

No comments:

Post a Comment