Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blog Face Lift and Updates

The blog has, quite obviously, gotten a face lift! I love rearranging furniture, mixing things up, and keeping things interesting, so naturally, I had to switch up the look of the blog. In addition to changing the look and feel of the blog, we switched out five numbers that we just weren't excited about (thus should NOT be on our Day Zero Project) or didn't have a good way to measure. In their place we added:

32. Bait, hook, catch, and unhook a fish
57. Give a gift a month
60. Dinner date with friends once a month
63. Go swimming once a month
71. Build a snowman


We have actually done all three of the monthly items for this month this past weekend.

57. Give a gift a month

The receiving end of the first gift will not actually find out until tomorrow. I don't want to risk that person catching wind of it early so I am not going to give any details. Sorry, folks.

The motivation behind the gift a month is to be more conscious of those around me. I want to show my gratitude for friends and family, lift someone's spirits, or just let others know that I notice and appreciate what they do for me or simply their company. I feel that having this goal on my list will keep the thought in the front of my mind at all times and really help me to see what is happening around me and what I have to be grateful for.

60. Dinner date with friends once a month

I feel like we are actually pretty good about having regular dinner dates with friends (or maybe it's always S and J...), but I want to make an effort to go out with others that we don't get to see often enough. This month was extra-special because I had a cooking date with a friend from high school that I haven't seen since graduation. She has a list of 12 things to do in 2012 and one is to learn to cook five different meals. I offered my services and she came over on Sunday to cook Chicken Cordon Bleu alongside of me. It was a lot of fun and great to catch up with her.

63. Go swimming once a month

E and I took C swimming on Friday. We haven't been in several months and that is just totally unacceptable considering we met as lifeguards for the city and worked at the recreation center for a big chunk of our lives. C loves the water and is completely fearless. He will jump right into the pool without even blinking an eye. For this reason he really needs to learn to swim. The only way that will happen is if we take him to the pool way more often. Because I plan on being in the water with the boys I won't be able to provide pictures from our monthly adventures. However, I can provide an oldy but goody. Look at how little my baby was!



23. Visit a winery

Dad picked up a Groupon for wine tasting at Silver Vines Winery in Old Town Arvada and invited E and I (and C by default) to join him and mom on Saturday. This was my very first wine tasting and I really enjoyed it! The building is beautiful with a really cozy atmosphere and our waitress was very friendly. The best part about the wine tasting? Dad makes wine so he can pinpoint exactly what I would like and could tell me why I don't like others! I had a great time and would love to go to wine tastings more often. It's a relaxing environment and a great way to enjoy the company of others.




So on a side note, C was wearing his Batman shirt that has a cape on the back. He was outside with his daddy in front of the winery and this family came walking down the street with their little boy who was wearing a Superman shirt with a cape. Everyone stopped to "ooh" and "aah" because the Justice League was gathering in front of the winery! The little Superman thought it was the coolest thing that Batman was there too!


No comments:

Post a Comment