Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cirque du Soleil: The Beatles LOVE

20. Watch a Cirque du Soleil show

This past weekend the whole family including my parents, sister and almost brother-in-law, cousins, and aunt and uncle went to Las Vegas where one of my cousins was getting married. As soon as we decided to go, I knew we had to see a Cirque du Soleil show while we were there. I went to my first Cirque du Soleil show last time I was in Vegas 3 years ago for my Bachelorette party and treated my bridesmaids to Ka. The show was fantastic. There is activity everywhere in the theater and the show was just amazing and really visually stimulating. For this trip I booked tickets for myself, E, my sis and her man, and my cousin and her husband to see The Beatles: LOVE at the Mirage. This is a typical Cirque du Soleil show with the acrobatics and circus arts set to Beatles music.



Let me start out by saying that overall the show was spectacular. Everyone loved it, including my cousin's hubby who was not excited for the show because he doesn't really like the Beatles (~gasp~ I know right?!). Now, compared to Ka this show really started out a lot slower. I was a little disappointed  because due to the initial impression it made on me I didn't think it was going to be as exciting and "grand" as the other show. However, it did quickly pick up the pace and each scene was bigger and better than the next. By the end I was absolutely satisfied/impressed and in love (no pun intended).

My favorite scenes:

1. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - A dark theater with twinkling "diamonds" in the sky while Lucy flies around the theater on a trapeze.

2. Octopus's Garden - First of all, I have to admit that this is probably one of my favorite songs. It reminds me of my childhood. In addition to being a fantabulous song, the scene was absolutely beautiful complete with jellyfish and squids!

Next time you find yourself in Las Vegas, make sure to check out this spectacular show. The theater is very small and after reading several reviews we decided to sit in the last row of the theater. These seats really allow you to see everything that is going on around you, on the floor and above. Because the theater is so small you can still see everything happening on the stage clearly. I would absolutely choose to sit in those cheaper back row seats again.

And remember:

All You Need is Love


No comments:

Post a Comment