Friday, February 15, 2013

Friends and Roses

46. Try 10 new interesting foods (6/10)


A came over for movie night last weekend and we decided to order sushi from East Moon Asian Bistro for dinner. I thought this was a great opportunity to try something a bit different. I ordered some normal rolls: a California roll, a spicy tuna roll, and a shrimp cucumber and avocado roll. In addition to these pretty standard rolls, I chose the Monkey Lover's Roll which consists of shrimp tempura, lobster salad, and fried banana wrapped with soybean paper. The idea of fried banana in sushi seemed really strange to me, but I was so intrigued that I had to try it.


It was actually really good! It was a nice mix of flavors. The second time I tried it I used more wasabi in my soy sauce and that extra kick really convinced me to like it. I'm glad we decided to give this one a try. I've had quite a few failed sushi experiments, but this one was a total success.


94. Buy flowers once a month for the house (9/33)

I picked up some flowers when I went grocery shopping last weekend


AND.... These are my Valentine's Day flowers for my desk at work that E left on my driver's seat yesterday morning for Valentine's Day!



57. Give a gift a month (5/29)



S & J are the recipients of our gift a month for the second month in a row. I won four tickets to KYGO's Josh Turner Storyteller Series concert and we immediately asked them to join us. I can always count on S to enjoy a good country concert with me. The show was fantastically awesome for many reasons:

  1. It was a super small concert with only about 200 people there
  2. It was at The Soiled Dove Underground and there were enough seats for everyone ~gasp~
  3. We had a table where we could enjoy the food and drinks that we were served. Yep, we had a waitress at our concert.
  4. We were in the very last row, but we were still ridiculously close.
  5. The audience had plenty of opportunities to ask Josh and his band questions
And lastly:

    6. Josh Turner is awesome :) Don't believe me? Watch the video (Sorry, I know it doesn't work on
        mobile devices)



100. Watch all the Star Wars movies (4/6)

E and I watched Star Wars Episode I during C's nap the other day. The dramatic difference between the animation and technology in Episode I vs Episodes IV-VI is slightly hysterical. I did ask E why the technology on the planets is so much more advanced in Episode I which takes place so much earlier in time than IV-VI and he said I would see. I am very curious to find out what set their technology so far back. Hopefully in Episode II? Anyway, it was a good movie. Maybe we can finish up the series this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment